From enlightening nature at every turn; to charming communities replete with exceptional events, shopping, and dining; to endless recreational opportunities, the Roaring Fork Valley presents adventures all of its own in the summer months. Including the communities of Aspen, Snowmass Village, Basalt, Carbondale, and Glenwood Springs, the Roaring Fork Valley follows the beautiful Roaring Fork River, surrounded by majestic mountains on all sides. It begins on Independence Pass and follows the river from Aspen to Glenwood Springs.
In fact, at Gary Feldman Group at Aspen Snowmass Sotheby’s International Realty, our listing RiveRoar
― a 3,298-square-foot, three-level home ― is built only 10 feet from the Roaring Fork River’s edge. This is a rare opportunity to reside where no other home can ever be built again in Pitkin County, due to current codes requiring a 100-foot setback. RiveRoar is located at 4076 Lower River Road, Snowmass, CO 81654.
The Roaring Fork Valley is a wonderful place to spend the summer. Following are a few suggestions for summertime fun in the area:
- Fly Fishing: This can be done with a guide or on your own. Fly fishing is an enjoyable way to experience the quietness and beauty of the river.
- Biking to Woody Creek Tavern: The Woody Creek/Rio Grande Trail, chock-full of wildlife, forests, wetlands and waterways, is spectacular for a leisurely ride to the eclectic Woody Creek Tavern.
- Ballooning and paragliding: Soar through the air and take in mesmerizing views of the Roaring Fork Valley.
- Additional activities in Aspen/Snowmass: From zip-lining, camping horseback riding, rafting, and kayaking to hiking, golf and more, the area’s many activities are certain to provide irreplaceable memories.
- Breathtaker Alpine Coaster: Glide along an elevated track through the forest.
- FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen: This June 14–16 premier culinary event offers cooking demonstrations, wine tastings and panel discussions by world-class chefs and wine experts.
- Aspen Ideas Festival: Taking place June 20–29, the festival is the nation’s premier public gathering place for leaders from around the world.
- Aspen Music Festival: Known as one of the top classical music festivals in the U.S., the festival, June 27–Aug. 18, features concert programming and musical training of mainly young adult music students. Celebrating its 70th anniversary, the festival will feature over 400 events.
- Old-Fashioned 4th of July Celebration: This fun-filled event boasts a parade, kids’ bicycle rodeo, concerts and more.
- Concert series: From classical to bluegrass and everything in between, the sweet sounds of live bands float through the air during the Aspen/Snowmass outdoor summer concert series. Concerts happen on various days throughout the summer.
Summer is a prime season for buying or selling a home in the Roaring Fork Valley. To find out more about how to put your Roaring Fork Valley area home on the market, or find the home you have always dreamed of in the area, call 970.948.3737
, email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our website